Streusel-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole
I got this recipe from a friend about 9 years ago. I made it many times since. It's a great alternative to Marshmallow-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole.
6 medium-size sweet potatoes (about 3 lbs.)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
2 tbls. all-purpose flour
2 tbls. butter or margarine, softened
1. Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water to cover 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Let cool to touch; peel and mash potatoes.
2. Combine mashed sweet potatos, sugar, and next six ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole.
4. Combine brown sugar and remaining ingredients; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yields 8 to 10 servings.
I love this recipe, Suzanne. Made it last year and it was delicious!
i'll be making 2 this year!
I made this for Thanksgiving! Yum!! :) (had it for dessert later that weekend)
I love this recipe-I got it from a co-worker (back when I had co-workers). I love it. I find that we like it better with less sugar (1/2 cup).
Post a Comment