I have come to know this great snack recipe as Monkey Munch, but you may have heard of it before as Puppy Chow or some other fun name. This is an easy, easy, easy, and extremely yummy snack for the kids or Care Group. Enjoy!
9 cups of Chex cereal (I recommend Rice or Corn Chex)
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar
1. In a large bowl, pour in the 9 cups of Chex cereal.
2. In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Heat in microwave for one minute. Add teaspoon of vanilla. Stir. Heat for 20 seconds more, or until the mixture is smooth.
3. Pour mixture over Chex cereal and stir gently until cereal is covered in chocolate mixture.
4. Put the Chex cereal in a 2 gallon freezer bag. Add confectioner's sugar, seal bag, and shake until cereal is coated in sugar.
5. Pour snack mix on cookie sheet lined with wax paper until cooled. Store in an air-tight container for best results.
*** Suggestion: I made a double-batch of this for Care Group recently. For variety, I purchased a box of Corn Chex and a box of Rice Chex. Each box of Chex Cereal contains 13 cups of cereal, and the recipe calls for 9 cups. So one box will give you more than enough for one batch. Enjoy!