This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman. Her website is www.thepioneerwoman.com
4 Russet or Baking Potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
Several tablespoons of butter
Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Scrub and dry four potatoes (russet or baking potatoes)
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Then cut each half into quarters to make 8 long wedges per potato.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil. Then drizzle a couple of tablespoons of melted butter (To keep the recipe a bit lighter I only added 2 tablespoons of olive oil and one teaspoon of butter.)
- Toss around. Add plenty of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (I used regular salt since I didn't have Kosher salt).
Note: You can add minced garlic, seasoned salt, 2 or 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar, cayenne pepper, or paprika.
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast 15 to 20 minutes
- Stir around and shake pan a bit. Return for another 20 minutes or so until potatoes are golden brown.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs such as flat leaf parsley or minced rosemary (I didn't have any herbs)