Friday, June 25, 2010
1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce
salt/pepper to taste
8 oz lasagna
8 oz mozzarella cheese, sliced
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. In large skillet, brown meet and onions. Drain off excess grease.
2. Stir in green peppers and spaghetti sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
4. Boil 3 qts of water with 1 tablespoon of salt.
5. Add lasagna strips one at a time, keeping water boiling. Boil rapidly, uncovered for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain in colander.
6. Lightly grease a 9 x13 dish.
7. Layer sauce, lasagna, mozzarella in dish, ending with sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Optional - Garnish with sliced olives and parsley.