These recipes come from my friend, Jen.
I have tried a couple different recipes through the years for this and just haven't found what I have been looking for. I will look no futher!!! I am in love. So easy and it tastes so wonderful!!! I am giving you the doubled recipe since our family is big. So you can either half the recipe, or freeze half, or use the other half to bring to someone else!!! If you freeze it, add a little milk to help cream it up when you reheat. :) Thanks Tam!!!
2 lbs browned beef
4-8 fresh mushrooms, diced
1/2 onion sliced
4 tsp beef bouillon granules
2 cups sour cream
1 bag- 16 oz wide egg noodles
1. brown the beef, mushrooms and onions together in a large pan in 2 TBL butter. When done, drain.
2. In a separate bowl stir sour cream a little to make it a little creamier. Add one cup of water and bouillon. Stir well.
3. Cook bag of noodles according to bag's directions and drain.
4. When beef mixture is done add the sour cream mixture to the pan with the meat and stir to combine. Heat until the desired consistency. Here is the part that you have to watch. If you want a thinner, soupier kind of sauce don't keep it on the heat too long. If you want it a little thicker, let is simmer for a little longer. Just keep an eye on it. When you have reached the desired consistency add your cooked noodles.
5. Serve and enjoy!!! I served this with french bread and peas. The nine year old went back for 3 plates!! Big hit!